Monday, April 30, 2012

Rejoice in Him

Lately I have been having a poor attitude due to our circumstances. I feel like we are at rough point in our lives and even seem to be suffering a little. I even said to  my husband last night that we seem to be struggling in every area of life. Physically, neither of us has not been feeling well.  I wonder if I am equipped to be the mother and wife I am suppose to be. I've been feeling uglier than ever.  I am embarrassed about our home, frustrated with our vehicles, physically exhausted and worried about finances. We want to be missionaries but seem to be at a holding point for some time now. I have been even tempted to wonder if God wants to use us at all or if He is even still there. I tell myself that I have so much to be thankful for but have not been truly surrendering my ungratefulness to God. SHAME ON ME! This morning I woke up and asked God to show me form His Word what He would have me to learn and focus on today. I read in my regular Bible reading Acts 5 and 6. At the end of Acts 5, Peter and his men were beaten and thrown into prison because they were preaching the name of Jesus and repentance through Him. I tried to imagine the physical pain and horrible circumstances they went through. Did they wonder if God was there? Did they stop because they wanted a better situation? Nicer things? Social status? No!

Acts 5:41-42 says, " And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ."

They were actually rejoicing to be suffering for the sake of Jesus! My daily struggles pale in comparison to those around the world and in all History of time. It's amazing to me that God does care about my daily life. He cares enough to want to conform me to His image. He cares enough to allow me to "suffer" so I will not stay complacent and lean on Him. I need to REJOICE in Him no matter what the trial. I have failed the test big time lately but Praise Him for not giving up on me!

2 comments: