Thursday, February 14, 2013

My not-so-secret key to a happy marriage

Happy wife-happy life...right?? I have to say that I agree but the truth is it's up to ME not my husband. It started out as a silly game on Facebook with some friends, but I decided to write one thing I am thankful for about my husband everyday for about a month before Valentine's Day. If I am being honest, we have been going through a rough patch lately and most of it had to do with my discontent heart. The bible clearly says  in Proverbs 4:8 to think on good things..."Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" It honestly wasn't hard to come up with things to be grateful for and it made me realize what an incredible man I have. There were a few days that I had to force myself to focus on what I am thankful for instead of letting bitterness over something minor brew. As a wife, I am to honor my husband and when I am following God's plan and trying to do that we are so much happier. His actions or our circumstances have very little to do with my happy heart. Contentment and love is a choice I need to make daily. Love is selfless. It's not rocket science, it's bible and it's found in 1 Corinthians 13. Depending on Christ for strength, confessing my sin of a ungrateful heart, honoring my husband and focusing on what I am thankful for and the is the key to a happy marriage.





I am thankful for my Husband,
 Joseph Lee Triplett

I am thankful for a husband who puts Jesus above all. (although, I don't always ACT like I am thankful for that)

I am thankful that my husband's # 1 desire is to be the best Christian, husband and daddy possible. If you talk to him for more than 5 minutes, you know that is true.

I am thankful for a brave husband who always feeds Zilla (our leopard gecko) so I never have to touch him or the gross crickets he eats.

I am thankful for a husband who is willing to sleep in the middle of the freezing woods to spend time with his very excited son. I am also very thankful that they are alive and on their way home.

I am thankful for a husband who always does Bible time with the boys. I am listening to their sweet voices answering his catechisms now and am impressed by how much they know.

I am thankful for a husband who always remembers to say, "I love you” and gives kisses to each of us before he leaves for work
.

I am so thankful for a husband who has honestly never complained when I can't keep up with the house and three kids but helps pick-up instead. He still thanks me for doing the basics like dinner, dishes and laundry.

I am thankful for a snugly husband. He is so affectionate with me and the babies.

I am thankful for a husband who rubs my back.

I am thankful that my husband is willing to get up at 5am to make a bottle for E and still let's me sleep in.

I am thankful that I have a husband who is completely trustworthy. I think I take that for granted sometimes.

I am thankful for a husband who loves to talk to me. I never ever have to wonder what he's thinking.

I am thankful for a husband who makes sure he sets all of my medicine out and hands me what I need even when he is running late for work and I am insisting that I can do it. He loves me.

I am thankful for a husband who always makes it a priority to tell people about Jesus. It's a huge passion for him.

I am thankful for a husband who is more responsible than I am! sad but true. He is good at finding things that I lose.

I am thankful for a husband who calls me on his way to work just to tell me that he's praying for me.

I am thankful for a husband who wrestles and plays dinosaurs with our babies (including E!)

I am thankful for a smart husband.

I am thankful for a husband who makes it a priority to guard his heart and mind.

I am thankful for a husband that I can be proud of. He is a man of strong character. He would go completely out of his way for anyone including a stranger and always goes above and beyond with any task at work-many times without getting any recognition.

I am thankful for a husband who is not afraid to admit when he is wrong.

I am thankful that Joey still has those big beautiful puppy dog eyes and sheepish smile that melts my heart. Wait...maybe I'm not so thankful for that-it gets him out of trouble. hmmmm....

I am thankful for a husband who will happily eat any experiment I try to make for dinner.

I'm thankful I have a husband to do the things I wouldn't know how to do to like fixing broken furniture, replacing the washer and dryer, washing the car and doing our taxes. Ok..some of those things I'm just thankful I don't have to do.

I am thankful that I have a husband who is completely satisfied in Jesus and His word no matter what our circumstances. He wakes up way before everyone else to spend time with Him.

I am thankful for a husband who has his priorities straight- God, me, our kids, and then ministering to others. He loves the Lord with his whole heart and it’s never at our expense. 

I am thankful for a husband who is a godly leader.  He is a teacher and preacher at heart and sees us as his first mission field. God has gifted him with resourcefulness, patience, organization, an amazing speaking ability, and a passion to serve Christ. Although,  he would never say that and humbly gives God all the glory. He told L that it was sad that some people forget about Jesus. L said, “You never forget that, Daddy.”


I am thankful for a husband who knows me.  He pays attention to detail in everything he does and this includes me.  He knows what I love, what makes me mad or sad and how to make me smile.

I am thankful for a hard working husband who provides for our family.

I am thankful for a husband who is completely generous. He gives his time, money and love freely without holding back. He learned this from his parents.

I am thankful for a goofy husband who still makes me laugh at his weird voices and all around ridiculousness.

I am thankful for a husband who perseveres. I want to give up when things get hard but he never lets me and never loses faith.

I am thankful that when I say awful things to him, like maybe God had something better for us, he won’t hear of that. He knows that we are exactly what each other needs and that God put us together because that is His best for both of us.  I need him to keep saying this and he does.

I am thankful for a husband who loves me even if I don’t deserve him. 








No comments:

Post a Comment